- Municipal Services
- Living in Barrington
- Visiting Us
- I want to…
The Municipality of Barrington is now accepting photos for their Photo Contest. All entries must be photographs taken within the Municipality of Barrington.
It is well known that youth activities are proven to be one of the most popular and effective Awareness Week activities. Therefore, we would like to launch a Council for a Day contest. Here is how it will work:
• The contest will be open to all Grade 5 students attending a school in Barrington (ERMES, Oceanview, CHES and FRA).
• Five (5) winners will be chosen based on their ideas for making the Municipaliy of Barrington an even better place to live. The winners will be named Warden and Councillors of Barrington for the day.
• Entries will be required to answer the follow question: What are your ideas to make YOUR Barrington Municipality an even better place to live?
• Entries will also include a completed contest entry form.
• The format will be open. Students could submit a video, letter, song, etc.
• Participants will be required to submit entries to the Municipality by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
• The winners will be notified by the Municipality by Friday, January 24, 2020 and will be announced at the Regular Council Meeting on January 27, 2020.
Please take note that the Construction & Demolition Debris Landfill Site located at #1138, Hwy 103, Clyde River will be operating under our winter hours, effective December 1st, 2019.
Hours of operation effective December 1, 2019 are as follows
:Dec 1 – April 1
Monday - Friday - 8am – 4pm
Every 2nd and 4th Saturday
8am – 12pm
November 14 - December 14, 2019
Our Winter Christmas at the Causeway is a celebration of both Christmas and a kick off for our Lobster Season. Come visit and see our giant Lobster Trap Christmas Tree! The Tree is located at the Cape Sable Island Causeway and is decorated with buoys of present day fishermen and in memory of those fishermen who have passed on and/or who have been lost at sea.
The Municipality of the District of Barrington (“Municipality”) invites tenders to provide janitorial services for a three-year period at various municipal buildings located throughout the municipality.
Tenders will be received up to 2:00 pm., local time, Thursday, November 28, 2019 in a sealed opaque envelope plainly marked "Tender No. MODB1907 – 2020 to 2022 Municipal Janitorial Services.”