The Municipality of Barrington will hold a Community Litter Cleanup, on Saturday, May 4th from 9am to 12pm.
This event will help beautify our community and reduce the impact of litter on our environment. The campaign is meant to encourage residents to get involved and help keep their community tidy.
The Community Litter Cleanup is being led by the Municipality of Barrington’s Council and Staff and the public are encouraged to take part by cleaning up a section in their own district.Garbage bags and gloves will be provided in each district, and the Municipality’s Property Services team will pick up any garbage collected on the day.
People are encouraged to take part in Community Litter Cleanup Day along with friends and family, businesses, schools or community groups.
Supplies can be picked up from the Municipal officer or in the following locations on May 4th from 9AM until 11AM:
- District 1 – Wood’s Habour Fire Hall
- District 2 – Ground Search & Rescue building
- District 3 & 4 – Island/Barrington Passage Fire Hall
- District 5 – Barrington/Port La Tour Fire Hall
Locations to drop off bags of garbage:
- District 1 : Woods Harbour Ball Field, Woods Harbour Fire Hall, Shag Harbour UFO Site
- District 2 : Ground Search and Rescue Building
- Districts 3 and 4 : Island and Barrington Passage Fire Hall. Drinking Brook Park, Fisherman’s Park (Old Geneva’s Restaurant Site)
District 5 : Barrington/ Port La Tour Fire Department, Old Port La Tour Fire Department, Port Clyde Fire Department
A free BBQ will be held at the Ground Search & Rescue Building at noon for all those who participated.
For more information on the Community Litter Cleanup Day, please phone the Municipal Office at 902-637-2015.