Municipal Closures and Service Updates
(As of 7:00 a.m. October 1, 2021)
Effective October 4, 2021 – As part of the COVID-19 Protocol for Proof of Full Vaccination for Events and Activities, you need proof that you're fully vaccinated to participate in discretionary, non-essential events and activities that gather people together (like going to restaurants, movies, sports events, theatre performances, social events and the gym). Proof of vaccination isn't required for children 11 and younger (they can attend events and activities with a fully vaccinated adult).
Since the Province’s announcement, we have been consulting with our respective associations,provincial departments, and neighbours on getting clarity on what our role and responsibilities are. In the coming days, we will update the public on our social media channels, our website and our user groups to communicate how we will be addressing this policy.
- All indoor and outfoor facilities (playgrounds, trails, beaches, sports fields, tennis courts, etc.) are open and are being operated under the public health measures in Phase 4 of the Province's Reopening Plan.
- We encourage you to follow our the Recreation Department's Facebook page for recreation activities and department updates at https://www.facebook.com/BarringtonRecreation/
- Tthe Municipal Administrative Centre is open under the public health measures in Phase 4 of the Province's Reopening Plan.
- Municipal Staff will continue to be available by phone or email. You can reach us by phone at 902-637-2015 or 1-877-815-7809, by email at and online at www.barringtonmunicipality.com.
- Property Services continues to maintain municipal infrastruture, monitor wastewater facilities, perform testing, clean garbage, perform regular landscaping and maintenance and maintain roads.
- The municipal Construction & Demolition remains open tduring its regular operating hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. - 12 noon.
- Weekly curbside waste collection continues as normal.
- Urgent building inspections will be prioritized and completed. If you have an urgent building inspection or dangerous premises inspection, please call (902) 635-1296.
Finance & Taxation
- Although we are open to the public, taxes can be paid online through your banking institution by searching for “Barrington” as a payee, through our website at https://ipn.paymentus.com/rotp/mob or by phone through your financial institution. You can also mail your payment or place it in the outside drop box at the main entance of the Municipal Administrative Centre.
- In-person visits or appointments are now being scheduled.
Fire & Emergency Management
- Local fire departments are implementing safety precautions and measures to keep all members safe. Members are being closely monitored and have kept the Municipality apprised of their status and adjusted response protocols that have been initiated.
- For more information on any emergency mangement of fire related inquiry, please contact Dwayne Hunt at .
For More Information